Be it a vacation, a weekend getaway, or a business trip, we tend to spend a lot of money on our travel, i.e., the tickets, the flights, the accommodations and so more. The only thing that we spend the least on is the luggage we carry along. I mean, wouldn’t it be unfair to break the bank on these facilities but have little room for our travel buddies? Although there are luggage carriers with a price tag that is higher than a whole month’s salary, there are many economical options too. In this article, we will look at some of the cheapest luggage sets that not only offer a reliable price point but are also durable in the long run.
Cheapest Luggage Sets
Have you ever thought of buying a whole set of items within a specific budget rather than shopping for individual products with variable price points? Which among the two sounds more budget-friendly? Be it clothes, tools, appliances, or any other items, you would want to go for more items at a smaller price. The same thing goes for luggage sets.
Shopping for a luggage set is a lot easier as it saves you so much time and effort considering that you have all the things in a single place. Luggage sets don’t just seem economical, they are also a fashion icon in today’s time. I mean, have you ever seen that one family or a group of friends at the airport carrying suitcases which are of the same color and type? Well, that’s what I meant when I said that luggage sets were a fashion icon. Apart from that, luggage sets are also the most convenient and the most efficient items that you can use for any kind of travel.
Luggage sets come in a variety of different colors and sizes that you can select from. Whether you are traveling all by yourself or with a group of friends or family, these bags can be your best travel partners. Another advantage of using these bags is that you can easily figure out your bags from the baggage line.
The Best Cheapest Luggage Sets
When looking for a luggage set, one needs to be aware that the size of all the items in the luggage set may not be similar. A few items may be small in size, a few might have wheels, others may not, you may get only one main carrier while the rest may just be small duffle bags, etc.
In this list, we have mentioned the best cheapest luggage sets which come in different colors and sizes and are also within your budget. Although most luggage sets are five-piece which is convenient for a large group of people, we have also listed a few two-piece sets for those who are solo travelers.
Our first pick for the cheapest luggage sets which cost only $150 is from Rockland Journey. This set of 4 soft-sided luggage carriers is suitable for families going on a long trip or even a weekend getaway. In this 4 piece suitcase, you get three suitcases that have wheels. The wheeled suitcases are very convenient for travel as the wheels carry half of the suitcase’s burden. You also get a small duffle bag which you can along to store tiny essentials such as toiletries, wallets, purses, and other essentials.
The sizes of these bags are 14, 19, 24, and 28 inches and have a wide color spectrum that you can choose from.
Another product from Rockland is a 2-piece cheapest luggage set that is suitable for single travelers. With this set, you do not have to worry about squeezing in your garments in those tiny spaces.
This hard-shell suitcase is made of heavy-duty ABS material which is not only feathery but also long-lasting which can sustain any scratch marks. The interior of the bags provides enough space to pack your stuff in the most convenient way possible. These 4-wheeled bags are multidirectional, which provides enough mobility to the traveler along with a sturdy handle that lets you carry the bag efficiently. These bags come in a variety of cool and bold colors.
American Tourister Fieldbrook II Softside Upright Luggage Set, Black, 2-Piece Cheapest Luggage Set (tote/21)
As a traveler, if you do not own an American Tourister, then trust me, you are missing out. Not only has the brand built its credibility in the past few decades, but it has also emerged as one of the most popular and widely used luggage brands.
Although the set mentioned here comes with only 2 suitcases, the same brand also offers 3 piece and 4 piece luggage sets. These soft-sided bags are made with scratch-resistant material which can endure all kinds of wear and tear. The bag is built is with a high-quality yet lightweight material which is expandable if you are trying to stuff a few extra items in the bag. In addition to the internal compartments, you also get a few extra spaces to stuff your keys, mobiles, and other small items. If you want to buy the cheapest luggage sets under 100, then this set will not disappoint you.
The Samsonite luggage set is made for those who are planning on going for a long vacation. Although the 5-piece luggage set might seem too heavy on the pocket, you will be overjoyed to know that it is less than $150.
This set involves 2 suitcases built with 2 wheels which glide easily on rough terrain, the other 3 bags are duffle bags which you use as a piece of carry-on luggage at any airline. This is a soft-shelled bag built with polyester material that can handle all kinds of pressure. The suitcases are built with a push-button locking handle system that provides security even if your zippers break during the journey.
This set comes in a few royal colors, i.e., red, navy blue, and black. If you are looking for the cheapest luggage sets which not only look aesthetically pleasing to the eye but also offer mobility, then don’t forget to give this set a try.
If one does not want to buy a set with duffle bags, then this luggage set from Coolife is the answer to any problems. This hard-sided luggage set is created with a high polycarbonate ABS material. Forget about having to hide the scratch marks on the exterior of the suitcases with this specific product.
All three bags are built with multidirectional spinners, with which you can run across the entire airport without tripping. The sizes of the bags are 20, 24, and 28 inches respectively. Despite being a hard-shelled wheeled bag, you get enough capacity on the inside to pack your items. This bag is very lightweight and has a price point of $130 only which makes it one of the cheapest luggage sets.
As a solo traveler, you will love this little set which includes a big suitcase along with a small carry on. This cheapest luggage set is suitable for any kind of travel be it through air, road, or water.
The suitcase is made of a hard shell, whereas the carry-on bag is made of a soft material that can fit under your seat. The suitcase is built with ABS plastic and has single spinner wheels. Although a single set of spinner wheels may not seem to provide much mobility, it is still better than not having any wheels at all. In addition to all the basic features, this suitcase also has a cup holder on the back. So if you find yourself sipping coffee while waiting for the bus or your flight, then you can simply place your cup in the cupholder.
Kenneth Cole Reaction Renegade 3-Piece Luggage Expandable 8-Wheel Spinner Lightweight Hardside Travel Suitcase Set, Rose Gold, (20″/24″/28″)
This is another hard-shelled suitcase set for those who do not want to invest in a luggage set that comes with many duffle bags and only a single hard-shelled suitcase. This luggage set has all the basic features of a regular suitcase set which involves a handle, spinner wheels that can rotate in any direction, large storage capacity, and small pockets for carrying tiny items.
The outer chassis has a solid build along with being well-polished. The handles of the suitcase cannot be adjusted which is the only downside along with the lack of locks present on the suitcase. You also get grab handles on the sides of all the bags so that you can carry the bag if you are passing through any broken escalators.
Are you looking forward to buying a professional suitcase which is not just useful for solo trips but also for business travel? If yes, then here’s a luggage set that satisfies all personal and professional travel needs. This luggage set isn’t just used for travel but can also be used on an everyday basis given that it is professionally designed. Although the product might seem expensive given its high-end look and feel, this is the cheapest luggage set on this list, which only costs $55.
One of these bags is a duffle bag, whereas the other is a regular wheeled suitcase. The suitcase has only one compartment to store your items and has mesh pockets on the top to store any lightweight items. with all these instilled in the bag, it will at way longer than you expect it to.
This luggage set is for those who want a product that is on the higher end of the scale. In this set, there are 2 regular suitcases each of size 22 inches and 26 inches. These bags have an inline wheeler which carries most of the bag’s weight. Along with the inner compartments, you also get many compartments on the outside where one can stock up any tiny essentials.
The duffle bag is very tiny and cute to carry around while you are at work or on the subway waiting for your ride home. The duffle bag also had tiny feet which protect the bottom layers from damage. The only drawback is the price point which goes up to $400 but considering the exceptional look and feel of the quality of the leather, you shouldn’t hesitate to buy this item.
Have you always wanted a bag that yields superior quality and was very different from all the other bags in terms of its looks?
This luggage set not only yields power but is also a style icon according to the ones who have purchased this. The small bag has a size of 22 inches, whereas the largest bag has a size of 30 inches. Although the large bag may not seem to cater to the size requirements of most airlines, the smaller one does.
Both the luggage bags are suitcases that have features like a hefty handle, TSA locks, large interior compartments with mesh pockets, and spinner wheels. It comes in two colors; black and white. An advantage of using this suitcase is that you can easily identify your bag from the luggage line.
The Best Way to Buy Cheapest Luggage Sets?
As you have already taken a look at the different kinds of bags in the above section, you can see that most of the bags have similar features. The difference lies in the way they are built. As a person who is constantly traveling by road, you may not have to keep track of certain travel restrictions when compared to the ones who go by air.
Airlines have higher restrictions when it comes to the luggage one carries along with one. Certain aspects like the size and weight of the bag matter a lot, as one may end up paying a huge price if the bag does not fit the airline baggage requirements. So to avoid going through any such trouble, you need to figure out what one needs in a bag. To help one find the cheapest luggage sets, here is a small list of factors that one needs to consider that will help one make up their mind before reaching out to grab the first bag that you see.
As the name implies, this step is all about figuring out the answers to a few simple questions like:
- The Mode of Transportation: this could be anything; by air, road, sea or any other transportation mode. Make a note of the travel restrictions, if any, and find the bag which satisfies those travel restrictions
- Storing the Luggage: you need to be aware of where you are going to store the luggage. For example, if you are storing the luggage in the overhead bin of an airplane, then the bags which have a hard-shell might not seem safe.
Types of Luggage
Now, let’s break down the different types of bags that are available out there and which ones do you need for your travel.
- Wheeled Bags: These kinds of bags are very suitable for those who are heavy-packers. The wheeled bags can be made of either hard shell or a softer shell. We will expand more on the outer layer in the following sections.
- Totes: Totes are larger than a purse and smaller than a duffle bag. Totes are actually used to store personal belongings only. Things like earphones, makeup stuff, iPads, mobiles, keys, water bottles and other smaller basic items.
- Garment Bags: Garment bags may seem like a duffle bag but it mostly used by people who are often going on business trips. In these bags, you can store your suits, ties, or any other clothes
- Duffle Bags: Duffle bags are a bit bigger than a tote. You can use duffle bags for a small trip to a friend’s house or for the weekend. It has enough capacity to not just store clothes but also few everyday essentials.
Hard Side or a Softer Side
Hard Side Luggage Sets
The hard-side luggage sets are exactly what they sound like. The exterior of the luggage set is made of a hard material that is made resistant to any kind of pressure. These kinds of bags can endure enough pressure and are also capable of bearing scratch marks along with being waterproof. The hard side luggage can be made of the following materials:
- Polycarbonate: Most luggage are made of polycarbonate which is a flexible material. Suitcases made of polycarbonate are pretty lightweight.
- Polycarbonate Composite: While polycarbonate bags may seem pricier, polycarbonate composite is a lot cheaper.
- ABS: ABS is similar to polycarbonate composite as although the material may seem pretty rigid, the marks and scratches are still persistent.
Soft Side Luggage Sets
If you consider yourself to be a heavy packer, then this type of baggage sets what you need to get started with. Most soft side luggage sets are built with a flexible material that can stretch to give you enough room to overpack.
- Nylon: Most top quality bags are made of nylon which isn’t just fit for the long run but is also durable and long-lasting.
- Polyester: Polyester is another material which is widely used in making soft sided bags. Bags made out of polyester are very lightweight to help you pack efficiently.
When it comes to the drawbacks of both these types of bags, the hard-sided bags do not offer much packing space on the inside. The soft-sided bags may provide enough space, but they cannot endure much pressure and might break apart.
Wheels are another most important feature that you need to consider. Most wheeled bags come with 2 wheels, 4 wheels, or do not have any wheels at all.
- Two Wheeled Bags: The two wheeled bags are also referred to as rollers. These rollers allow you to push the bag in only two directions, i.e., forward and backward. Most travelers use this kind of bags as they offer much convenience while travelling through airports. Considering that these bags can only be moved in either forward or backward direction, the only downside of these kinds of bags is that they require certain pressure to push the bag forward. This may result in muscle pains if you aren’t accustomed to using these bags.
- Four Wheeled Bags: This type of bag is called a spinner, which can rotate in any direction. Such bags are the most convenient of all for both long and short trips. Considering that the wheels are mounted on all the four sides of the suitcase, space could be an issue you deal with as they many not be much on the inside to pack items.
Now that you have enough idea about the factors that lead to buying the best luggage sets, here are a few brands that are worth an investment.
- American Tourister: This brand is not only the best but also the most used bag, considering the top-notch quality that it offers for such a small price.
- Samsonite: This is another brand which has been marketing the different kinds of suitcases and travel accessories ranging from low to high price points
- Travelpro: Travelpro is known for manufacturing products that fall in the mid-range category. All the luggage carriers from this brand are convenient, flexible, lightweight and durable.
Choosing a luggage bag should not be a difficult task when you know what kind of bag you are looking for. With this list of the cheapest luggage sets, we have put down some of the best luggage sets which are minimal and durable. You also have a luggage buying guide at your side to help you pick out the best product.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
The hard-sided bags are built of heavy-duty material and offer less internal space. Soft-sided bags offer more space on the inside and are made of nylon, polyester, etc.
Most of the luggage sets mentioned here have a standard size of 22 inches and more.
- 1 Cheapest Luggage Sets
- 1.1 The Best Cheapest Luggage Sets
- 1.1.1 Rockland Journey Softside Upright Luggage Set, Blue, 4-Piece Luggage Set (14/19/24/28)
- 1.1.2 Rockland Melbourne Hardside Expandable Spinner Wheel Luggage, Charcoal, 2-Piece Set (20/28)
- 1.1.3 American Tourister Fieldbrook II Softside Upright Luggage Set, Black, 2-Piece Cheapest Luggage Set (tote/21)
- 1.1.4 Samsonite 5 Piece Nested Luggage Set, Black
- 1.1.5 Coolife Luggage 3 Piece Sets PC+ABS Spinner Suitcase 20 inch 24 inches 28 inch
- 1.1.6 Wrangler El Dorado Luggage Set with Cup Holder and USB Port, Navy Blue, 2 Piece
- 1.1.7 Kenneth Cole Reaction Renegade 3-Piece Luggage Expandable 8-Wheel Spinner Lightweight Hardside Travel Suitcase Set, Rose Gold, (20″/24″/28″)
- 1.1.8 Travel Select Amsterdam Expandable Rolling Upright Luggage, Gray, 2-Piece Set Cheapest Luggage Sets
- 1.1.9 AmeriLeather 3 Piece set
- 1.1.10 Astyll 22-Inch & 30-Inch Spinner Luggage Set
- 1.2 The Best Way to Buy Cheapest Luggage Sets?
- 1.3 Conclusion
- 1.1 The Best Cheapest Luggage Sets
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)